Let’s be honest: the Internet is probably the best thing that ever happened to business in the last decade. Through online advertising, you can reach out and connect with your ideal customer, both locally and across the world. Online advertising also enables you to save resources, regardless of whether in terms of time, money, or workforce, all with the added benefit of increasing your productivity and sales.
But, how can you ensure that your small business is taking full advantage of all the perks online advertising can bring?
Here are the best ways you can advertise your construction company online.
1. Focus on Affiliate Email Newsletters and Web Ad Placement
Referrals are one of the most efficient ways of getting new customers. It’s easier to gain people’s attention when a trusted third-party recommends your services than it is to start a relationship from scratch.
Look at some of the companies and organizations you work with that share the same target audience as you and ask if you could write content for them or advertise your business in their newsletters or on their websites. Remember to include a link to a dedicated landing page so that you can track clicks and conversions.
2. Invest in Pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
Whenever they need something, people hop onto Google to find information about the products or businesses that will satisfy their needs. As many as 88% of online consumers will click on an exact phrase match, while 89% will change their query if they can’t find what they are looking for as quickly as possible.
This is where PPC advertising comes into play, and can help put your small business on the map. Be careful though; you will need to target the right keywords, create a compelling ad copy, and build a relevant landing page if you want to drive the right audience. If you’re not careful, you could waste your ad dollars on unqualified clicks and fly-by visits.
3. Don’t Forget about Social Media Advertising
From Google+ to Facebook, and Twitter to Pinterest, Instagram, and so on, social media platforms provide different options for online advertising. You can set specific criteria, such as location, job title, business name or interests, and so on in order to make sure that your ads reach the right audience. You can also adjust your campaigns based on your marketing goals. For example, you can determine when and how the platform should show your ads so that you stay on budget, gain more value, and achieve the results you want.
5. Retargeting Advertising
Only 2% of website visitors convert from the first time they land on your page or learn about your small business. If you ignore the remaining 98% of visitors that have shown interest in your services, then you will have a difficult time growing your construction company.
Enter retargeting advertising.
Prospects are ten times more likely to click on a retargeting ad, and 70% of those who click will end up buying from you.
Not only that, retargeting advertising can help you increase brand awareness and click-through-rates, and it provides the greatest return on investment. You generally will get a return of $10 for each $1 invested in retargeting ads.
Which Type of Ads Should You Focus on?
Online advertising can be expensive if you don’t know what to choose and how to use the right channels for your business needs. It all comes down to finding the best ads that suit your target audience and can get you the most exposure.
With PPC advertising, you will have to pay a set amount every time someone clicks on your ads. The more popular the keyword you are targeting, the more expensive your ads will be. That’s the reason why, by focusing on search terms that are more specific and less competitive, you increase your chances of reaching the right audience.
With pay-per-impression advertising, you will have to pay a set amount for every 1,000 times your ad was shown, regardless of whether it was clicked through or not. Although pay-per-impression ads are cheaper than PPC ads, there’s no guarantee that the people who see your ads will take any action. Just as with PPC ads, you have to be extremely careful about the keywords you choose to target.
Pay-per-impression advertising, however, is ideal if you want to increase the visibility of your construction company.
Whether through Google, social media, or other company’s websites, online advertising is a powerful, accurate, and efficient tool that you can use to grow your small business. It’s clearly worth giving it a try in order to see how your audience responds.